Friday, January 20, 2012

Another Gingko Leaf

This one is for a leaf project with my lace guild - but now that I've scanned it, I plan to make a better one for the project. I knew the last chain seemed long for some reason and my corner didn't look too good either. This is really not that hard of a pattern and quick to tat but it looks like I'm going to have to tat it more than once or twice to get it to look good!

It's been super cold the past few days. This is why I don't like winter. I've never been that fond of winter, even as a child. I like a white snow - once a year. I don't like mind-numbing cold. That's why I've been looking forward to moving some place warmer though it looks like I'll have to wait until I retire to manage it.

I worked last night and this morning on a Romanian Point Lace Lobster Cord tutorial in pdf for my lace guild too. We'll see if it's helpful in the morning when I meet with some guild members.

I stitched my TAST for the week and posted it, plus I've worked in bits and pieces on my Embroider, Embellish and Create piece. I really want to clean out my craft/computer room but I guess it will wait until next week. And I need to prepare a bobbin lace project! Hmmmm...maybe I've got too much going on?

Hope everyone has a great weekend planned!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely leave!
    Did you make the pattern yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the perfect color for a ginkgo leaf I think :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely leaf and I like the colour.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do seem to have a lot going on, but I know you love all of them. How would you ever decide what to give up? And I would miss following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, and I like the colour, too. Sounds as though you're quite busy, Gina.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely!
    Just one chain needed tightening before the lock join at the top. The tension is the tricky thing with these kinds of patterns. Pulling on the core thread until the chain lays the way that you want is essential before making a lock join. After that the chain is locked and can't be adjusted.

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.